What's wrong with English?

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

First of all, I would like to apologise if there'll be any hurt feeling impurposely or whatsoever.

Hmm, if you could remember, once upon a time, when our government imposed one shocking news to all the government staffs especially teachers. They were obliged to use the English language as the lingua franca in learning session in class. Frankly telling, I myself did not agree with that sudden obligation that time. I was not exposed on the importance of learning other languages..thus I admit that I was a kind of narrow-minded yet that time.

Hmm, yet, my English is not so perfectly good, but I am still trying my very best in improving my English. Ya, we're Malay, and I am Malay. Why are we arrogantly want to use English rather than using our very own language?. You can't speak English well, so why don't you just open your eyes, mirror yourself, "Hello, your English is su*ks!"
I'm sorry, but this is what happening in reality. I know, some of us actually have this 'unknown speaking' in our deep heart.

Prophet Muhammad s.a.w had already told us to learn as many languages as we can, regardless what race are we belong to. Especially in doing da'wah, we're actually supposed to master more than a language in order to attain success of da'wah. So, question yourself..what's wrong with using English?.

Be honest with your own self..
You can't? or actually You don't want?

We must speak Malay! We must speak Malay! We are Malay!

TAKKAN MELAYU HILANG DI DUNIA

So, what are we afraid of?. As long as we're Malay, we will forever be Malay. The only purpose Allah created us to live in this world is to stand with our religion, not our race. I am not trying to say that "Ada apa dengan bangsa? Ada apa dengan Melayu?"


But this is the colours of life..we are created in different colours, different races, practicing different languages, mainly to train us to be an open-minded person. Humbleness, Sincerity, Fairness, and so on.

Doesn't mean when we speak English, we're supporting the West. We're doing it for Islam, Allah's religion. We're not on the side of Al-Kafiruun!


"I can't speak English well, how can I deliver messages well?"

Don't bother..Human make mistakes, practices make perfect!
Don't bother with others' perception. Nobody is automatically intelligent since they were bornt. All of us have to learn to become better..Insyaallah.


Don't say
I HAVE TO...

But, say
I WANT TO..
or
I LOVE TO..

wink*
=)

Comments

Anonymous said…
English is completely unacceptable as the future global language, for reasons of "linguistic imperialism"

I would argue the case for Esperanto, which as a non-national language, places all languages on an equal footing. This elimates linguistic discrimation by bigger languages, against smaller languages.

English is not a practical proposition.

As a long-term solution can I suggest http://www.esperanto.net
Ladyship Atie said…
I did not say that English MUST be the lingus franca,
but I'm just referring to this day's situation.
English is being used a lot, in every single official matter(mostly)..
Ya, we can learn other languages as well, such as Esperanto as u've suggested Mr Brian Barker,,

However, of we open our mind widely(with limits of course), there's no such things like linguistic discrimination..Everybody has different culture, different languages, so nothing wrong with learning and practicing others' language ryte? such like learning esperanto..Allah knows.
Restnrileks said…
salam..

i have yet to improve my english.. and i find your english is quite good and admirable too.

happy blogging and have a great day everyday. :)
Ladyship Atie said…
Thanx rizal=)
Anyways, all of us are in process of learning.
nobody's wrong ryte?
till then, may Allah bless you!

Popular Posts