Moments With A Special 'Abid

Bismillahirrahmanirrahim..

All of sudden felt like searching the GOOGLE.
I pressed - d r u t h m a n k a b u y e




Academic Qualifications:
● B.A - Islamic Studies (IRKH), IIUM (1996)
● M.A - Usuluddin (IRKH), IIUM (999)
● Ph. D - Islamic Thought, ISTAC (2005)

Areas of Specialization & interest:
● Islamic and Western Thought




25th November 2008

I arrived Puduraya around 10.30 am..
With the eager to meet a special 'abdullah, Dr Uthman Kabuye(pic) in IIUM Gombak.
6 hours of my time in that day was spent for him.
I went there with my youngest sis, Ain.

I gained plentiful new knowledges and undescribable sweetness of Iman..
He was my lecturer in Darul Quran KKB, was teaching Religions in Malaysia.

I dont know why, he's my 2nd ustaz whom I consider as the most understandable and closest ustaz I met.
The first and closest is Ustaz Wan Mohd Nor bin Wan Ali.

Okay, lets focus on Ustaz Dr Kabuye Uthman.
He's able to speak 4 languages, Urgandan's language(dont know what its called), English, Malay, Arabic. He was chosen to be one of translator in Sidang Kemuncak Pertubuhan Persidangan Islam (OIC) kali ke-10, di Putrajaya, read this-http://www1.bharian.com.my/Misc/OIC/Hari/Berita/20031010133941

He's SERIOUSLY humble.
His face is enlightened with IMAN.
His words, his advices, full of sincerity.

6 hours with him.

The issues we discussed:

1) Books.
I returned his book I lent from him months ago, a biography of our prophet Muhammad pbuh.
Then he gave me a writing by famous great scholars

The Sealed Nectar

By Imaam Abu Bakr Ahmad bin ‘Alee Al-Khateeb
Al-Baghdaadee [Died: 463H]
With Verification and notes by
Imaam Muhammad Naasir-ud-Deen Al-Albaanee

He asked me to read it and share with him about the content as he hasnt have read it yet.
InsyaAllah ustaz, I will.

2)Niqab

He asked me the reasons of me wearing the niqab.
I stated my reasons, then he told me about this one lady, his previous student, Suhaila.
How her mother objected her decision of wearing it because she was worried about how is Suhaila gonna marry anybody if nobody is able to see her face.
Just because of it.uhu.
And Suhaila dont wear it when she is with her family,for d sake of favouring her mother.*bless her O Allah*
He told me how he respects, impressed, and support the wearing of niqab.
As he stated Allah's saying in al Quran,i cant remember which verse, but the meaning is something like this..
Almu'minun wal mu'minat must protect each other..
Wearing the niqab is one of the efforts we can do to help in protecting u, men.. insyaAllah,may Allah bless the intention in me..

3)Marriage
I asked ustaz, whether it's suggested for hafizatul quran to be married with a hafizul quran. He said, NO.
Reasons:
--Though a man is alhafiz, doesnt mean he is an 'alim.
--Look back in the history of Prophet Ibrahim a.s. His father was a god-maker, but Ibrahim was born as a prophet.
---Everything is in Allah's hand.

4)Going to Hajj
As one of my highest dream is to go to Makkatul Mukarramah, performing my HAJJ.
He said, once u set the Azam, just pray to HIM and leave everything to ALLAH.
He'll give u the money and bring u there..insyaAllah.

He told me that the IMAMS of MASJIDILHARAM are his friends!!!.MasyaAllah, how great it is!.
When I asked him, how did u meet them?.
His answer--Allah brings me to them.It's all Allah's work. I just pray to HIM to meet me up with great people. And HE did, and HE is doing it.

5)GREAT MUSLIM SCHOLARS
I was ashamed because I was so ignorant in knowing those great Muslim scholars.*O Allah, forgive me*
Ustaz introduced me to famous scholars such as
--Imaam Abu Bakr Ahmad bin ‘Alee Al-Khateeb Al-Baghdaadee
--Imaam Muhammad Naasir-ud-Deen Al-Albaanee

Just go and research those names in ur search engine,u'll find them,insyaAllah.

He inspired me to be a great MUSLIM WOMAN SCHOLAR..ya,his words were really inspiring. All this while, most of the great scholars are men, where is woman?.
By right, Islam upper the position of women.
Without women, men cant do their respinsible well.
Women, the first teacher of all.
Women, are the one who deliver babies.
So?.
Just think about it.

6)SYURGA DI BAWAH TAPAK KAKI IBU
He asked me to interpret this in the deepest meaning i am able to think of it.
Its hard, but I tried the best of mine to answer it.
What dya think?.

7)Again, books.
I asked him more books I can read..
Then he gave me 2 other books:
--Khusyu' in Solaat by him himself
--The Ideal Muslimah, The True Islamic Personality of the Muslim Woman, by Dr. Muhammad Ali al-Hashimi; Translated into English NASSRUDIN AL-KHATTAB

Wah, they're thousands of pages..(heee, m exaggerating) =D.
Need to finish reading them up.insyaAllah, i'll try my best to consume my time managedly.

8)ADVICE, ADVICE, AND ADVICESSS.. No matter what, he's a teacher. A teacher, always with his/her advices.
He said to my sister, to memorize the Holy Quran at least 10 verses a day.And he asked me to monitor her.
Waa,its hard ustaz.But insyaAllah,i'll try!.

And many more advices.

Ops, forgot to mention, I was also able to meet his friends. He even praised me in front of his friends,masyaAllah.I wish the praises will become real.
He told his friend that I can speak Arabic well, and he introduced me to his friends me as 'Hafizatul Quran'.
Ustaz, I'll take it as a challenge..Allah,help me.

One of his friends,Dr Fatmir Shehu

Academic Qualifications:
● B.A - Arabic Language & Literature, IIUM (1998)
● M.A - Arabic Linguistics, IIUM (1999)
● Ph. D - Islamic Revealed Knowledge & Heritage, IIUM (2007)

Areas of Specialization & Interest:
● Inter-Religious Studies
● Islamic Studies
● Comparative Religion
● Linguistics

Friends,
its a sweetness meeting and getting close to those great scholars.
In a way, we may get even closer to Allah, as they are close to Allah.
Do often mingle with those 'alim, u'll be protected, insyaAllah.

I feel the sweetness of ukhuwah,thank u Allah,
thanx to u too, ustaz=)
Alhamdulillah.
May Allah bless this writing.

Allahua'lam.




Comments

Anonymous said…
Heh atie,bestnye dpt jumpe ngan org2 alim ni. Nak jd soleh kenala kwn ngan org2 alim kan. Btola kalau nak ape2 doa je kan. Allah tu Maha Pemurah. I've got sumthing 2 share wit U,last Ramadhan I always prayed n kept praying that one day i'll meet a sheikh/sheikhah who could guide me 2 iadah quran slalu. And when I came back 2 cairo my housemate introduce me with a sheikhah. She's really awesome!! I recently started to learn qiraat 10 n mengulang3. Alhamdulillah 3la kulli hal.. Really hope 2 c U years forward.Miss u
Anonymous said…
Salam,

untung dapat jmpa dgn scholars dan bergaul mesra dgn mereka. Kemanisan lebih terasa bila dikongsi dgn adik, orang yg sangat penting untuk dikongsi suka duka bersama. Thanx for the posts, which somehow bring me back. Ur posts bring benefits to others, and i am one of them.

Thank you.
Anonymous said…
thats great atie..hope i can gain the same experience..do invite me if you wanna to go to any program..hope i have a time for it..insha Allah..
Ain Mardhiah said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ladyship Atie said…
mizmanners88,
betul3..
tp kan, sheikhah tu same ke dgn ustazah?.
uhu.
x biase dgn suasana mesir.

btw missin u too!.sorry sgt reunion haritu i wasnt able to attend!!=(

-----------------------------

salam amien,

thanx, and insyaAllah, i do hope so.
May Allah bless my writings and all readers and all his slaves!.
ameen(ur name,heee)

-----------------------------

anna muslimah,

heee, insyaAllah..
i will bring u as well next time.
=)

-----------------------------

Salam kak ainul arina madhiah..

x sekuat yg disangka kak..
masih terlalu banyak kelemahan dlm diri..
Allah je taw betapa diri ni hina.
Anyhow i will try the best to maintain the strength of iman, and improve it days by days.
insyaAllah salam akan disampaikan biiznillah.
they are great, and respectful!.

mulanya terasa kerdil sangat bila bersama mereka, tp in d end, i felt like their friends. syukur!
alhamdulillah
Zayana Yusof said…
bertuahnya dpt peluang jumpa merekaa...

im truly amazed
Anonymous said…
haha.aty,i have those 3.baru bace sket.first thng first,khusyuk in solat.nk abeskan dat one dulu.hopefully sempat bace sume smpi abes mase cuti nnt.the folder "atie suh bace" kat my laptop will stay forver,dun worry.really thank u for guiding me all ths while.pliss dun stop.soo gonna miss u!
Anonymous said…
this posting remind me of my alma mater, IIUM.
Ladyship Atie said…
zayana dear,

it was seriously wonderful!.
=D
--------------------------------

Paqin dear,

heeeee...
i know=p
m sorry, dats all i could do..
sorry for not spending more times with u guys!.
didnt mean to=(
anyway, take care taw dear!.
i'll be always praying for u!.

-----------------------------

saudara mutakallim,
alma mater tu ape ye?.

Popular Posts